We Buy Houses In Brentwood California. Do you need to sell your home fast in Brentwood? It important that you understand the options available to you. There is more than just one way to sell your Brentwood home. As professional Brentwood home buyers, we will dive into two of the most popular methods, so you can decide which selling option will be right for you here in this post.
Selling With a Brentwood CA Real Estate Agent vs. Selling To A Local Investor
Hiring A Brentwood Real Estate Agent
The Money – You likely know you will have to pay your agent a commission of about 5-6% if they can successfully sell your house in Brentwood. However, there are also a number of other costs that will come into play when listing your home for sale.
- Marketing – Many home sellers want or need to utilize marketing that goes beyond the scope of their agent. This can be professional photography, virtual tours, or premium listings.
- Repairs – Even if your house is in great shape, there will likely be something that will need fixing. Whether it is a new coat of paint, replacing a leaky faucet, or patching a hole in the wall, these repairs will add up fast.
- Staging – When you list your home, you will want it to look it’s very best. This means you should take some time to hide away the clutter and decorate it in a warm and inviting fashion. Whether or not you hire a professional stager in Brentwood, making the house pretty can cost a pretty penny.
- Holding Costs – The holding costs include things like your property taxes, homeowners insurance, utility bills, and maintenance. These costs don’t stop when you list your house. In fact, keeping your house in tip-top shape can actually drive your holding costs up even higher.
- Closing Costs – As a home seller, you will usually pay somewhere around 2% of the final sale price toward your closing costs.
- Cleaning – Before you list and while to is on the market, the house will need to be kept clean. Many people opt to have it cleaned professionally before it is listed, maintaining the home while it is listed. You should also consider professional carpet cleaning, power washing, and yard clean-up and hauling expenses.
That said, working with an agent has the potential to get the highest price possible. Just be sure you have deducted all of the costs mentioned above to be sure listing with an agent in Brentwood makes sense for you.
The Time – When you hire an agent to help you sell your property in Brentwood, they will shoulder a good portion of the effort that goes into selling. That said, the process will require some of your time and effort as well. For example, you will likely have to spend time…
- Keeping the property clean and ready for those last-minute showings
- Making repairs and upgrades to the property before it hits the MLS
- Marketing the property on sites other than the MLS
- Vacating the property when someone requests to come see it
- Waiting for an offer, hoping you will get your asking price
- Reviewing offers from potential buyers
- Negotiating with potential buyers
- Waiting for the escrow process to be completed
- Dealing with inspectors and appraisers
The worst part is that you could go through all of the above, only to have the sale fall through at the last minute. If you’ve spent any time shopping for homes in the past, you’ll often see properties go pending, only to be relisted when the funding falls through.
The Unknown – One of the most difficult parts of selling your house with an agent in Brentwood is the unknown. You won’t know if you will get your asking price, when, or if your improvements will provide returns. Not only is this stressful, but it also makes it difficult for you to plan ahead.
Selling To An Investor In Brentwood, CA
The Money – It’s no secret that when you sell your home to an investor in Brentwood, the sale price will not usually be as high as retail. That said, the amount you can save will more than makeup for it. Most direct buyers, including “John Buys Bay Area Houses” buy homes as-is, which means there are no repair costs to worry about. You will also not have to pay commissions, closing costs, or extended closing costs.
The Time – In most cases, we can close in just a few days, potentially saving you a fortune in holding costs. You won’t have to do a thing other than pack up the items you wish to keep. We will handle everything else, including any items you wish to leave behind. Working with “John Buys Bay Area Houses” will help you sell your property in less time, offering you convenience and a fair price.
Sell My House In Brentwood CA
When you consider the time and the money involved with working with a Brentwood real estate agent vs. selling to a local investor, your idea of how to most efficiently sell your house in CA may change. We are local homebuyers in Brentwood, and we offer cash for houses in California. We can close on properties in as little as 14 days and get you your money FAST! We also won’t charge any fee as our services are at 100% no cost to you.