We Buy Houses In Richmond California. Are you planning to sell your house in foreclosure? At "John Buys Bay Area Houses" we will help you get a great deal in selling your home fast without having to worry about repairs or paying agent fees. We are local homebuyers California Even when you are facing difficult situations, we can help! Before we dive in… you need a basic understanding of the foreclosure process in Richmond which is an important part of navigating your own home foreclosure.
Understanding the Foreclosure Process in Richmond CA
What is foreclosure anyway?
Foreclosure is the legal process that lenders use to take back property securing a loan, generally, after borrower stops making payments.
Foreclosure is no fun. But just know that it’s not the end of the world.
When you know how foreclosure prevention in Richmond CA works… it arms you with the knowledge to make sure you navigate it well and come out the other end as well as possible.
The Basic Stages of A Foreclosure
There are a few stages that are important to any foreclosure process.
Foreclosure works differently in different states around the country.
The two ways different states use to foreclose upon a property are judicial sale or power of sale.
In either scenario, foreclosure typically doesn’t go to court until 3-6 months of missed payments have elapsed. Usually (but not always), a lender will send out many notices that you are in arrears – overdue or behind in your payment.
Under Judicial Foreclosure:
- Your mortgage lender must file suit in the court system.
- You’ll get a letter from the court demanding payment.
- Assuming the loan is valid, you’ll have 30 days to bring payment to court to avoid foreclosure (and sometimes that can be extended).
- If you don’t pay during the payment period, a judgment will be entered and the lender can request the sale of your property – usually through an auction.
- Once the property is sold, the sheriff serves an eviction notice of default and forces you to immediately vacate the property.
Under Power of Sale (or Non-Judicial Foreclosure):
- The mortgage lender serves you with papers demanding payment, and the courts are not required – although the process may be subject to judicial review.
- After the established waiting period has elapsed, a deed of trust is drawn up and control of your property is transferred to a trustee.
- The trustee can then sell your property to the lender at a public auction (notice must be given).
Anyone who has an interest in the property must need to know what is pre-foreclosure and another type of foreclosure.
For example, any contractors or banks with liens against a foreclosed property are entitled to collect from the proceedings of an auction.
What Happens After A Foreclosure Auction?
After a foreclosure is complete, the loan amount is paid off with the sale proceeds.
Sometimes, if the sale of the property at auction isn’t enough to pay off the loan, a deficiency judgment can be issued against the borrower.
A deficiency judgment is where the bank gets a judgment against you, the borrower, for the remaining funds owed to the bank on the loan amount after the foreclosure sale.
Some states limit the amount owed in a deficiency judgment to the fair value of the property at the time of sale, while other states will allow the full loan amount to be assessed against the borrower.
Here’s a great resource that lists the state by state deficiency judgment laws, since every state is different.
For Another Foreclosure Resource For Richmond CA HomeOwners Visit: Resources On Avoiding Foreclosure from the U.S. Government >>
Sell My House In Richmond CA
Generally, it’s best to avoid a foreclosure auction. Instead, call up the bank, or work with a reputable real estate firm like us at "John Buys Bay Area Houses" to help you negotiate discounts off the amount owed to avoid having to carry out a foreclosure. We are legitimate California home buyers and we offer cash for houses in Richmond.
Experienced investors can help you by negotiating directly with banks to lower the amount you owe in a sale – or even eliminate it, even if your home is worth less than you owe. If you need to sell your house in CA, we can help you. We purchase properties in Richmond CA like yours from people who need to sell fast.